Menahga Man Charged With Five CSAM Felonies

Menahga Man Charged With Five CSAM Felonies

MENAHGA (trfnews.i234.me) — A Menahga man faces five felony charges in Becker County, according to a criminal complaint.

Cade Daniel Laulainen, 22, is charged with five counts involving child sexual abuse material.

Each count alleges the material involved children under age 14.

The charges were filed in Becker County District Court under case number 03-CR-26-1303.

The complaint states prosecutors believe there is probable cause for each charge.

The allegations have not been proven in court.

Tip Led To Snapchat Account

The complaint says authorities received a tip in October 2025 about videos uploaded through a Snapchat account.

Investigators alleged the uploads occurred on January 4, 2025.

Subpoenas allegedly linked the account and phone to Laulainen.

Authorities also linked the internet address to a Menahga-area residence, according to the complaint.

The complaint says four videos contained sexual abuse of young children.

Investigators believed the children were under age 14.

TRF News is not publishing the graphic descriptions contained in the court filing.

Search Warrants Uncovered More Material

According to the complaint, a November 2025 search warrant produced records from the Snapchat account.

Those records allegedly contained the same videos and additional material.

Investigators also reported messages about trading explicit images and videos.

In December 2025, investigators seized Laulainen’s phone under another search warrant.

The complaint says Laulainen admitted the Snapchat account was his.

It also says he acknowledged viewing and sharing the videos.

Authorities said he provided his phone passcode and account information during the investigation.

Investigators later reported finding another suspected child sexual abuse image on the phone.

The complaint says that image had been saved on November 12, 2023.

Authorities said the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children had previously identified the files as known material.

Five Felony Counts Filed

Four counts list January 4, 2025, as the alleged offense date.

The fifth count lists November 12, 2023.

Each count alleges possession of illegal material involving a child under 14.

The complaint lists all five charges as felonies.

Readers can review Minnesota Statute 617.247.

Information about reporting online child exploitation is available through the NCMEC CyberTipline.

The case was filed as a summons complaint in Minnesota’s Seventh Judicial District.

The complaint does not show a conviction or guilty plea.

Any final outcome will be decided through the court process.

Charging documents contain allegations and do not prove guilt.

Laulainen is presumed innocent unless proven guilty in court.

I’m Adrian Cole reporting for TRF News.

Copyright 2026 TRF News. All rights reserved.

Leave a comment