Mahnomen Shooting Case Brings 3 Charges for Onamia Man
Mahnomen (trfnews.i234.me) — An Onamia man faces three charges following a shooting outside a Mahnomen bar.
Remigio Gene Pacheco, 27, faces two felony charges and one misdemeanor.
The case followed an August 1, 2026, incident outside King’s Corner Bar.
Two men suffered gunshot wounds during the confrontation, according to the criminal complaint.
Fight Breaks Out Outside Bar
Law enforcement responded to King’s Corner shortly after midnight following reports of gunfire.
A witness said several men confronted Kenneth Lafriniere and Patrick Porter near parked vehicles.
The confrontation became physical after one man allegedly struck Lafriniere.
The witness then heard about six gunshots and saw people scatter from the area.
Investigators later found Porter with a gunshot wound near his lower back and pelvis.
Lafriniere was later located with apparent gunshot wounds above both knees.

Porter later identified another man as the alleged shooter, according to the complaint.
He also told investigators that Pacheco had been arguing with Lafriniere before the shooting.
Porter alleged Pacheco struck Lafriniere before the larger fight began.
Pacheco Allegedly Runs From Deputy
Police found Pacheco lying in an alley behind the bar shortly after the shooting.
The complaint says Pacheco got up and ran when a deputy approached him.
He allegedly ignored commands to stop before falling while running through the alley.
Pacheco was then arrested and taken for medical clearance.
Investigators described him as heavily intoxicated during the hospital visit.
Threats Alleged At Hospital
While at the hospital, Pacheco allegedly became upset and resisted several commands.
Prosecutors say he threatened to punch one officer in the face.
He later allegedly threatened to knock out another officer.
Similar threats were reportedly heard after Pacheco arrived at the Mahnomen County Sheriff’s Office.
Three Charges Filed
Pacheco is charged with felony threats of violence.
That charge carries up to five years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine.
He also faces a felony charge of aiding an offender connected to an alleged first-degree assault.
The complaint lists a maximum penalty of three years and a $5,000 fine for that count.
The probable cause statement does not detail the specific alleged act of assistance.
Pacheco also faces misdemeanor fleeing a peace officer by means other than a motor vehicle.
Readers can review Minnesota Statute 609.713 regarding threats of violence.
The fleeing statute is available under Minnesota Statute 609.487.
The charges are allegations and have not been proven in court.
Pacheco is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.
I’m Adrian Cole reporting for TRF News.
Copyright 2026 TRF News. All rights reserved.