FRAZEE, MN (trfnews.i234.me) The former manager of the VFW in Frazee, Minnesota is facing a string of criminal charges, after $68,000 went missing.
Anne T. Omundson of Frazee has been charged with 4 felony level charges: Theft, (2) Theft by Swindle and False Representation of Unemployment Benefits.
The former manager of the VFW Club in Frazee, Minnesota, Antoinette Amundsen, is facing four felony charges, including theft by swindle, theft, and unemployment benefits false representation and gross misdemeanor gambling fraud claims prize by fraud. An audit revealed that $68,666 went missing between March 2021 and February 2022, and surveillance footage showed that Amundsen was the only person handling the cash. She also allegedly withdrew $6,250 from the VFW scholarship fund, spent $20,099 playing gaming etabs after hours, and received $5,219 in unemployment benefits while working at the VFW. Additionally, Amundsen allegedly used another person’s name to cash in winning pool tab tickets worth $800. The VFW Club has suffered a major financial hit due to Amundsen’s actions. Her first court appearance is scheduled for June 1st.
– Former manager of VFW Club in Frazee, Minnesota, Antoinette Amundsen, facing four felony charges
– Audit revealed $68,666 missing between March 2021 and February 2022
– Surveillance footage showed Amundsen was only person handling cash
– Amundsen also allegedly withdrew $6,250 from VFW scholarship fund and spent $20,099 playing gaming etabs after hours
– Received $5,219 in unemployment benefits while working at VFW
– Allegedly used another person’s name to cash in winning pool tab tickets worth $800
– VFW Club has suffered major financial hit