BEMIDJI, MN (trfnews.i234.me) A man is facing criminal charges in Bemidji, Minnesota, after asking a woman to play James Brown music.
• Suspect Carl Leland Smith charged with felony terroristic threats and domestic assault
• Incident occurred in Little Norway trailer park in Bemidji, Minnesota
• Smith is a neighbor of the female victim
• Victim was listening to music when Smith demanded she plays James Brown
• Smith became agitated when she refused
• Victim alleges Smith hit her with their elbow and closed fist in the face
• Victim estimated being hit 20 times
A man in Bemidji, Minnesota, has been charged with felony terroristic threats and felony domestic assault after attacking his neighbor for not playing James Brown music. Carl Leland Smith, 48, allegedly hit his neighbor with an elbow and closed fist in the face, causing her to estimate she was hit 20 times. The incident occurred at Little Norway trailer park on May 11, where the victim was listening to music that was not James Brown. Smith has reportedly been accused of domestic violence before, and the victim stated that she was afraid of him.
– Carl Leland Smith charged with felony terroristic threats and felony domestic assault
– Smith allegedly hit his neighbor for not playing James Brown’s music
– Victim estimated being hit 20 times
– Smith has been accused of domestic violence before