Level 3 burning restrictions were lifted last (Tuesday) night at midnight. Beginning today, the permit system will allow regular burning after 6:00 pm and to 8:00 am for all of our permit areas. The Wannaska Fire Team Leader, Adam Fisher, said that they will allow all day variance burning. Wannaska Fire will keep an eye on conditions and manage the system day to day as needed.
Regular permits will run from 6:00 pm – 8:00 am, variance permits will spans all day
The Permit Areas include:North Beltram, Pennington, Marshall, Kittson and Roseau County.
Questions can be forwarded to 218-386-1304 ext. 308 or mmail: email@example.com
Burn restrictions will remain in effect for Cook and Lake counties under the Class III restrictions which include:
- No campfires are allowed for dispersed, remote, or backcountry camping on all state, county, or private lands. Camping stoves are permitted.
- Attended campfires in established fire rings associated with a home, cabin, campground, or resort are allowed.
- No fireworks may be ignited on any public or private land outside city limits. People should check with their local community for any additional restrictions.
- Open burning permits are restricted.
- An Area of Closure around the Greenwood Fire remains in place and is not affected by the updated burning restrictions.