ST. PAUL, MN (trfnews.i234.me) It took a while for a Ramsey County Deputy in St. Paul, Minnesota to get the driver of a stolen pickup stopped. But, after 3 PIT maneuvers, he got the job done.
The Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department in Saint Paul successfully ended pursuit of a stolen F-150 truck by using three pit maneuvers. The pursuit began after Sergeant Mark Suchi noticed the truck had stolen license plates and attempted to pull it over. The driver of the truck then swerved into oncoming traffic, putting other drivers at risk. The pursuit continued through several areas before ending up on Central Avenue in Columbia Heights. One unmarked Durango squad attempted to stop the truck by pulling in front of it, but it continued to evade police. Eventually, Suchi used the pit maneuver to end the pursuit, which was successful on the third attempt. The driver of the stolen truck was apprehended after attempting to flee on foot. The successful end to the pursuit was attributed to the great work of the Ramsey County sheriff’s deputies.
– Ramsey County Sheriff’s Department used three pit maneuvers to end pursuit of a stolen F-150 truck
– The pursuit began after Sergeant Mark Suchi noticed the stolen license plates on the truck
– The driver of the truck put other drivers at risk by swerving into oncoming traffic
– The pursuit continued through several areas before ending up on Central Avenue in Columbia Heights
– The pit maneuver was successful on the third attempt and the driver of the stolen truck was apprehended