(trfnews.i234.me) – The Canadian-Pacific holiday train returns to the rails this holiday season after a two-year hiatus.
It’s the holiday train’s 24th year and its first cross-continent tour in 3 years, following virtual concerts in 2020 and 2021.
The 2022 tour will launch on November 23 in Maine. The holiday train will make its way west and roll into Minnesota with stops scheduled from December 11-16. Live music is also part of the experience. Alan Doyle and Kelly Prescott will perform during the Minnesota stops. There will be 14 rail cars each decorated with thousands of LED lights and holiday designs.
See the full Minnesota schedule below. **Times are subject to change**
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11th
- Winona – 3:30 p.m. | Amtrak Station, 65 East Market Street
- Wabasha – 5:30 p.m. | Gambie Avenue railway crossing by Bruegger Park
- Hastings – 8:00 p.m. | CP Depot, 500 East Second Street
MONDAY, DECEMBER 12th
- Cottage Grove – 5:00 p.m. | West Point Douglas Road, South of Seiben Bridge, in front of Youth Service Bureau
- St. Paul (Union Depot) – 6:45 p.m. | Union Station, 214 E 4th Street
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 13th
- Golden Valley – 4:45 p.m. | Railway Crossing at Golden Hills Drive
- St. Louis Park – 6:00 p.m. | Railway crossing at the intersection of W. Lake Street & Library Lane
- Minneapolis – 8:00 p.m. | Lions Park on 37th Avenue between 37th Avenue & Stinson Blvd
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14th
- Loretto – 4:15 p.m. | Hennepin County Road 19 railway crossing
- Buffalo – 5:45 p.m. | 5th Street Northeast crossing, west side of tracks
- Annandale – 7:15 p.m. | West side of Downtown Park, over the Oak Avenue crossing
- Eden Valley – 8:55 p.m. | State Street railway crossing (State HWY 422)
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15th
- Glenwood – 10:15 a.m. | CP Station, 20 – 15th Street NE
- Alexandria – 11:430 a.m. | 8th Avenue East railroad crossing by Hubbard Feed Mill at 8th and Nokomis
- Detroit Lakes – 2:30 p.m. | Holmes Street Railroad Crossing near Holmes Community Center, 826 Summit
- Mahnomen – 4:20 p.m. | W of U.S. 59 and S of E Washington Avenue
- Plummer – 6:00 p.m. | Main railway crossing on Central Avenue
- Thief River Falls – 7:30 p.m. | CP Depot, 405 3rd Street E
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16th
- Elbow Lake: 4:15 p.m.
The train will again raise money, food, and awareness for local food banks in communities along the network.
It is a FREE event, however, they ask those who attend to bring a food or monetary donation to help local food banks/pantries who will be on-site taking collections.
Since the Holiday Train program launched in 1999, it’s raised more than $21 million and collected 5 million pounds of food for community food banks across North America.