Redby Man Faces Assault, Child Neglect Charges

Senen Guerrero
Senen Guerrero

Redby Man Faces Assault, Child Neglect Charges

Redby (trfnews.i234.me) — A Red Lake man faces two gross misdemeanor charges following an alleged domestic assault.

Senen Guerrero is charged with domestic assault and neglect of a child in Beltrami County District Court.

The charges stem from an incident reported to law enforcement on August 2, 2026.

Prosecutors say the alleged assault happened the previous day while two young children were present.

Woman Reports Assault During Trip

Red Lake Tribal Police learned about the alleged assault and conducted a welfare check at a residence.

Officers met with a woman who had severe bruising on the right side of her face.

The woman told investigators she and Guerrero had been traveling toward the dump in Redby.

Two young children were also inside the vehicle, according to the criminal complaint.

The woman said she tried to grab her phone during the trip.

She alleged Guerrero became upset and struck her with the phone several times.

Senen Guerrero mugshot
Senen Guerrero

Investigators later located Guerrero at a store in Redby.

He was arrested and advised of his rights, according to the complaint.

Prosecutors say Guerrero acknowledged hitting the woman but claimed he acted in defense.

He also allegedly admitted drinking alcohol before driving that day.

Children Were Present, Complaint Says

Guerrero and the woman live together and share children, according to court records.

The child neglect charge alleges the children lacked proper supervision during the incident.

Prosecutors claim the situation created a risk of substantial physical or emotional harm.

The complaint does not allege that either child suffered a physical injury.

Prior Conviction Raises Assault Charge

Guerrero is charged with gross misdemeanor domestic assault as a subsequent violation.

The complaint cites a previous domestic assault conviction from 2016.

That prior case is used to support the enhanced level of the current assault charge.

Each current charge carries up to 364 days in jail.

Each also carries a possible fine of up to $3,000.

The case is filed as Beltrami County court file 04-CR-26-1788.

Readers can review Minnesota Statute 609.2242 for domestic assault law.

The child neglect statute is available under Minnesota Statute 609.378.

The charges are allegations and have not been proven in court.

Guerrero is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.

I’m Adrian Cole reporting for TRF News.

Copyright 2026 TRF News. All rights reserved.

Leave a comment